West Branch Parks and Recreation Department works to improve the quality of West Branch residents’ lives through parks, trails, and activities. Residents can enjoy the 3.5 mile Herbert Hoover Trail, 3 parks (Wapsi Creek, Beranek, and Cubby Park), and other recreation activities such as; youth soccer, t-ball, football, basketball, volleyball and more!
Pay Registrations Online
West Branch Parks and Recreation is taking registrations for the following programs:
New Fall/Winter Programs
Indoor walking-November 1-March 31
- Monday-Friday 5am-6am at Hoover Elementary Gym
- No fee, but donations are accepted.
- Additional evening times may be added upon request.
- Schedule will be altered during Holiday breaks. Please check the Park and Recreation calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- Bunco is an easy to learn dice game that is loads of fun! Bring $5 to put to contribute towards the prizes at the end of the night.
- Games will be the Monday or Tuesday(determined by the group) the 2nd week of the month January-May. First night is January 13th at 6:30pm at Town Hall.
- Must be at least 21 to play.
- Register online no later than January 6th.
Cookies and Wine
- December 4th at 6:30 at Brick Arch Winery
- $15 payable to West Branch Parks and Recreation prior or at the event.
- Must have at least 15 people register in order for event to occur.
- You will be provided with a cookie kit and 10 cutout cookies to decorate.
- Cookies and Wine online registration.
It’s a Wrap
- December 18th at 6:00pm-8:00pm at Town Hall.
- We will provide tape, scissor, some wrapping paper and ribbon(but bring any special paper you want).
- Get all of your Holiday wrapping done without prying eyes.
- Some snacks provided, but bring any beverages or additional snacks you would like.
- Registration is not required, but always appreciated.
- Must preregister for all activities to ensure enough supplies.
- All activities are at Town Hall from 2pm-4pm for school aged children.
- Sweet-N-Spooky- October 23
- Jazzy Jello Jigglers-November 20
- Rack-O-Snacks-December 18
Indoor Adult Pickleball
- More information coming soon
Youth Sports Programs
Preschool-2nd grade basketball
- Saturday mornings November 2(practice and jersey handout), November 9(practice and scrimmage), November 16(practice and scrimmage), November 23(practice and scrimmage)
- Times and divisions subject to change based on players and coaches availability:
- 8:30-9:15 Co-ed Preschool(must be at least 4)-Kindergarten
- 9:30-10:15 Co-Ed 1st/2nd grade
- 10:30-11:15 K-2nd grade girls
- $35 registration fee if your need a jersey or $20 if you currently have a jersey.
- Online registration. Please pay in the city office or online (payment box at the top of this page.
- 2019 Printable Registration Form
3rd-4th grade and 5th-6th grade volleyball
- Practice determined by coaches
- 3rd-4th grade games Saturday mornings and early afternoons
- 5th-6th grade games Sunday afternoon and evenings
Wednesday Tot Time
- Various parks or Town Hall from 9am-10:30am
- Join other caregivers for weekly activities.