West Branch Parks and Recreation Department works to improve the quality of West Branch residents’ lives through parks, trails, and activities. Residents can enjoy the 3.5 mile Herbert Hoover Trail, 5 parks (Lions Field, Heritage Square, Wapsi Creek, Beranek, and Cubby Park), and other recreation activities such as; youth soccer, t-ball, football, basketball, volleyball and more!
Pay Registrations Online
Park and Recreation Fall Program Survey-Please complete by September 4, 2020.
The mission of West Branch Parks and Recreation is to enhance the lives of the citizens by providing affordable, diverse recreation programs that promote and encourage health, fitness, relaxation, and cultural community enrichment. We would love your feedback regarding to programming during the pandemic. This will help us establish policies and programs in the future. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey by September 4th. https://forms.gle/3wCtKGCzS48KxgVf8 Thank you for your assistance!
Park to Park Social Distancing 5K or 10K Virtual Walk/Run- Complete race between October 1st and October 10th
Park to Park Social Distance 5k/10K Virtual Run/Walk is all about combining our favorite things: being outside, running (or walking),our love of cool race swag, a chance to win prizes in a drawing all while discovering the West Branch Parks. Unfortunately we can’t congregate in groups currently, but we can still come together as a virtual community and enjoy fun, fitness, and social sharing!
- Registration Includes:
T-Shirt or water bottle
Warm spot in your heart knowing you supported West Branch Parks and Recreation!
Here are some more details:
- Virtual run can occur anytime between October 1st and October 10th.
- Swag bags will be available for pickup only by October 9th.
- Race route will be released by October 1st.
- Payment is required with registrations.
- No refunds will be issued.
- Family and individual rates available.
- Register online here!
- Paper registration form coming soon.
- No T-shirts or medals guaranteed after September 24th
Drive in Puppet Show-Shenanigans: Animals in Charge! September 12, 2020 7:30 pm start time @ Cubby Park
The Eulenspiegel troupe has been busy creating a new puppet show that is designed for social distancing. Shenanigans: Animals in Charge! The show opens with a parade-size Mother Earth as she introduces us to the zany antics of animals exploring venues that, under normal circumstances, humans dominate. But, as people around the world suspend their normal activities in the face of a world-wide pandemic, the animals take charge! The show transitions from large rod puppets in the late evening, to shadow puppets as the sun sets. From start to finish the puppets are accompanied by live music with original songs written just for this show. All of the audio will be broadcasted to FM radios, as well as over our usual sound system. So, even with the windows up in the car, everyone will be able to hear the show.
Here are a few details:
- Preregistration required!
- Lawn chairs will be permitted outside of the vehicle as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Mask wearing is encouraged for anyone not in a vehicle.
- The show will last about 45 minutes.
- No cars will be admitted after 7:15pm. Detailed instructions regarding arrival time will be emailed by September 10th.
- The show starts at 7:30pm (subject to change based on sunset)
- A wait list will be started after 10 registrations have been received. You will be informed if you are on the waitlist.
- Plans sometime change…. so please contact Melissa Russell at 319-930-0393 or email@example.com if you can no longer attend.
- Register online here!