West Branch Parks and Recreation Department works to improve the quality of West Branch residents’ lives through parks, trails, and activities. Residents can enjoy the 3.5 mile Herbert Hoover Trail, 3 parks (Wapsi Creek, Beranek, and Cubby Park), and other recreation activities such as; youth soccer, t-ball, football, basketball, volleyball and more!
Pay Registrations Online
West Branch Parks and Recreation is taking registrations for the following programs:
New Fall/Winter Programs
Adult Indoor Volleyball League
- Sunday January 12-March 8th 4pm-8pm
- 2 games a night
- No games January 26th.
- League limited to 8 teams
- $100 fee per team
- Deadline December 20th or when the league is filled.
- All players must be at least 18 years old..
- 2020 Indoor Volleyball League Schedule
2020 Miles in 2020-January 1, 2020-December 31, 2020.
1. Participants can register both individually and on 1 team. Participants cannot be registered on multiple teams.
2. Teams can be up to 6 members. Teams can be comprised of adults and children. Team names must be family friendly.
3. Team/individual submit monthly miles to Melissa Russell via email, phone, or text. Participants can also enter their own miles directly to the spreadsheet. Teams please add all your miles together before submitting them.
4. Participants can submit weekly miles if preferred(whatever you need to do to stay motivated).
5. Only 1 member of a team needs to register team. Please list team members. Team members can be added throughout the year if they are not registered on another team.
6. Individuals register and request to be added to an undetermined team.
7. Miles can be accumulated through daily steps, running, walking, biking, swimming…. The rules are simple…JUST MOVE AND HAVE FUN!
8. Miles can be counted January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
Paper registration coming soon!
Wicked Bus Trip-July 2nd-Register by January 30th payment due May 1st
Don’t miss your chance to see the hit Broadway musical WICKED at the Des Moines Civic Center. A cautionary tale about love, friendship and trust, Wicked effortlessly reveals that there are indeed two sides to every story. — Broadway.com Wicked is a prequel to The Wizard of OZ and goes through the life of Elphaba who is a nice girl until the disapproval of society turns her Wicked.
Tickets include the charter bus ride to and from West Branch, a light snack, and admission. Bus will leave around 4:30pm and return around 12:30pm. Show time is 7:30pm. Different price options are available: $90, $115, or $135. Register by January 30th to ensure your preferred ticket price. Final payment must be made by May 1st. No refunds after May 1st.
Indoor walking-November 1-March 31
- Monday-Friday 5am-6am at West Branch High School(new gym entrance)
- No fee, but donations are accepted.
- Additional evening times may be added upon request.
- Schedule will be altered during Holiday breaks. Please check the Park and Recreation calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Youth Sports Programs
Preschool-2nd grade basketball
- Saturday mornings November 2(practice and jersey handout), November 9(practice and scrimmage), November 16(practice and scrimmage), November 23(practice and scrimmage)
- Times and divisions subject to change based on players and coaches availability:
- 8:30-9:15 Co-ed Preschool(must be at least 4)-Kindergarten
- 9:30-10:15 Co-Ed 1st/2nd grade
- 10:30-11:15 K-2nd grade girls
- $35 registration fee if your need a jersey or $20 if you currently have a jersey.
- Online registration. Please pay in the city office or online (payment box at the top of this page.
- 2019 Printable Registration Form
3rd-4th grade and 5th-6th grade volleyball
- Practice determined by coaches
- 3rd-4th grade games Saturday mornings and early afternoons
- 5th-6th grade games Sunday afternoon and evenings
Wednesday Tot Time
- Various parks or Town Hall from 9am-10:30am
- Join other caregivers for weekly activities.