West Branch Parks and Recreation Department works to improve the quality of West Branch residents’ lives through parks, trails, and activities. Residents can enjoy the 3.5 mile Herbert Hoover Trail, 5 parks (Lions Field, Heritage Square, Wapsi Creek, Beranek, and Cubby Park), and other recreation activities such as; youth soccer, t-ball, football, basketball, volleyball and more!
Pay Registrations Online
Camp in a bag
Every Monday the camper gets a box or bag with at least 3 activities for the week. There will be independent activities, however you can always contact us if you would like us to Zoom with your child for an activity. There is a different theme every week. There is a $15 fee per bag, but if you would like us to include extra supplies for additional children just add $5 per child. Registration must be completed at least 2 weeks before the session.
Tic Tac Toe
Need to keep your children busy during the summer? Register for the Summer Long Tic Tac Toe Game. There will be 10 different cards for the summer. Pick them all up at once or each week. Get a Tic Tac Toe and come into the Park and Recreation Office to collect a prize. You can only turn in one card a week(unless it’s the end of the summer). Prizes can also be dropped off at various programs(camps, camp in a bag, rec on the go or ball games in June. This is a free program!
Rec on the Go
Do you find it difficult to get out of the house for Park and Recreation activities, but would still like your kids to participate? We will bring programs to YOU! This is great for daycares, neighborhoods, families that want to have extra programs, but do not want the hassle of getting their group to a location.
Here is how it works:
Register for a day and time(Tuesday mornings from 9am-11 and or Wednesdays from 1-3). We will let you know your specific time after registrations are complete. We will bring a different program to you each week and of course stay and staff the program. All programs must be outside. Programs will last about 30-45 minutes. Provider or adult must stay present at your house(sorry, you can’t run that quick errand)….but you can use this time to take a quick breathe while we entertain the children! There is no fee, however donations are always appreciated!
West Branch Parks and Recreation is extending day camps this summer!
Spend time with friends this summer as we learn new things, go on adventures, play games and many other activities. Each week we will have 3 field trips: swimming, outdoor adventures, movies, and an indoor activities. Is your child involved in other summer activities such as summer school? We will work around that schedule and meet them up after class so they can enjoy camp activities.
West Branch Day Camps will be offered at Beranek Park or Cubby Park. Town Hall will be the alternative location and drop off location if weather does not permit outdoor camp locations. West Branch Parks and Recreation Camps are available for those children that have completed Kindergarten through those entering 6th grade. Junior Counselor program is available for those older children that would like to attend as helpers and as space allows. Junior counselors need to pay the weekly fee.
Basic Camp: 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. $125 a session
Extended Camp (early/late): 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. $150 a session
There are no scholarships available for camps.
$25 cancellation fee will be assessed for all weekly session withdrawals.
$75 cancellation fee will be assessed if cancellation is made within one week of session start date without medical excuse.
Camp registrations are confirmed on a first registered AND paid/first served basis.
Registration is limited to around 12 campers per session.
Camp registration closes 2 weeks before the next session OR when the session is filled
- Session 1 June 28-July 2 Living History Farm Trip July 2
- Session 2 July 11-July 16 Camp Courageous Trip July 16
- Session 3 July 19-July 23 Niabi Zoo Trip July 19
- Session 4 July 26-July 30 Trampoline Park date TBD
- Session 5 July 9-August 13 Bloomsbury Farms August 13
- Summer Camp Registration
Baseball, Softball, and T-ball Information
- Coaches registration February 1st-March 24
- 3rd/4th games softball and baseball
- 1st/2nd grade will be coed machine pitch
- Kindergarten will be t-ball to start the season then switch to coach pitch.
- Preschool T-Ball
- Games and practices will be June 1st-July 1st from 5:30-6:15. Location TBD
- Games will be Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.
- Schedule is subject to change.
- Children must be at least 4 years old by June 1st.
- $20 fee if you already have a Park and Recreation Jersey, $40 fee if you need to purchase a jersey.
- Click here for online registration. $20 if you already have a Park and Recreation jersey or $40 if you need to purchase one.
- Registration deadline May 1, 2021
Red Cross Group Swim Lessons at James Kennedy Family Aquatic Center in Tipton
- Monday- Friday June 7-June 18 at 9am
- Bus leaves West Branch at 8:15am and returns around 10:30am
- Swim lessons are indoors.
- Please have child wear a coverup or towel over their swimsuit. Children will not be changing in the locker room before or after lessons.
- All safety guidelines will be followed including mask wearing and social distancing when appropriate.
- Swim lesson registration is $40 per person. Registration is available through James Kennedy Family Aquatic Center.
- Printable 2021 Group Red Cross Registration Form
- Spots are filled on a first come first serve basis. Register early to ensure a spot in class.
- Swim Bus leaves from West Branch at 8:15am and returns around 10:30am
- Swim bus fee is $20 per person or $30 per immediate family. Fee must be paid with registration.
- Click here for online bus fee registration.
- Click here for printable 2021 swim bus registration form.