West Branch Parks and Recreation Department works to improve the quality of West Branch residents’ lives through parks, trails, and activities. Residents can enjoy the 3.5 mile Herbert Hoover Trail, 5 parks (Lions Field, Heritage Square, Wapsi Creek, Beranek, and Cubby Park), and other recreation activities such as; youth soccer, t-ball, football, basketball, volleyball and more!
Pay Registrations Online
Drive In Movie at Cubby Park Friday April 9
- Registrations required
- More information coming soon
Basket delivery by the Easter Bunny March 30 to April 1st
- The Easter bunny will deliver a basket filled with goodies such as paints, crayons, markers, bubbles, and chalk to your home or daycare. There is also a pickup option at Town Hall if you would prefer.
- Each basket is $10.
- Click here to register and pay online.
- Paper registration forms are available upon request.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 12
Easter Egg Hunt at Cubby Park Saturday March 27, 2021-Subject to change based on COVID restrictions.
- Families will be allowed to sign up for a ten minute time slot.
- Children will be allowed to pick up plastic eggs and prizes from the field. Children then will turn in their eggs for a bag of candy based on the number of eggs they collected.
- Time slots will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
- There will be up a limited number of households allowed on the field at one time.
- Please wait in your car or socially distance while waiting your turn.
- Masks are to be used when social distancing cannot be achieved.
- Make up weather date is Saturday April 3.
- Preregistration is required. Click here to register.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 22
Baseball, Softball, and T-ball Registrations
- Coaches registration February 1st-March 24
- Player registration February 22nd-March 24th
- Kindergarten/Early Kindergarten T-Ball Online Registration- $40 registration fee
- 1st/2nd Machine Pitch Co-Ed Baseball and Sunday League Baseball-$40
- 1st/2nd Machine Pitch Co-Ed Baseball and Sunday League Baseball and Softball-$60 for machine pitch and Sunday travel league.
- 3rd-4th grade softball online registration-$50 registration fee
- 3rd-4th grade baseball online registration-$50 registration fee
- 5th-6th grade softball-$50 registration fee
- Practices start mid April for 3rd/4th and 5th/6th(subject to change)
- Games start May 17th(subject to change)
- 3rd/4th games softball and baseball
- Games will be played on Mondays and Wednesdays in various communities and includes 1 Saturday tournament(subject to change)
- 5th/6th grade softball
- Games will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays in various communities and includes 1 Saturday tournament(subject to change)
- 1st/2nd grade will be coed machine pitch
- Games will be played Tuesdays and Thursdays(subject to change)
- Kindergarten will be t-ball to start the season then switch to coach pitch.
- Games will be Mondays and Wednesdays(subject to change)
- Preschool T-Ball
- Games and practices will be June 1st-July 1st from 5:30-6:15. Location TBD
- Games will be Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.
- Schedule is subject to change.
- Children must be at least 4 years old by June 1st.
- $20 fee if you already have a Park and Recreation Jersey, $40 fee if you need to purchase a jersey.
- Click here for online registration. $20 if you already have a Park and Recreation jersey or $40 if you need to purchase one.
- Registration deadline May 1, 2021
Red Cross Group Swim Lessons at James Kennedy Family Aquatic Center in Tipton
- Monday- Friday June 7-June 18 at 9am
- Bus leaves West Branch at 8:15am and returns around 10:30am
- Swim lessons are indoors.
- Please have child wear a coverup or towel over their swimsuit. Children will not be changing in the locker room before or after lessons.
- All safety guidelines will be followed including mask wearing and social distancing when appropriate.
- Swim lesson registration is $40 per person. Registration is available through James Kennedy Family Aquatic Center.
- Printable 2021 Group Red Cross Registration Form
- Spots are filled on a first come first serve basis. Register early to ensure a spot in class.
- Swim Bus leaves from West Branch at 8:15am and returns around 10:30am
- Swim bus fee is $20 per person or $30 per immediate family. Fee must be paid with registration.
- Click here for online bus fee registration.
- Click here for printable 2021 swim bus registration form.
- More information coming soon