Redmond prides himself as a visionary multi-disciplined manager with superior analytical skills and award-winning leadership accomplishments. He has developed strong skill sets in the following areas: human resource, project delivery, policy development, labor relations, program implementation, and aligning organizational initiatives with institutional goals. He is an excellent communicator with proven experience in negotiating in different types of development and redevelopment projects. Mr. Jones has more than 25 years of public and private sector experience ranging from founding and managing his own consulting firm to dedicating 20 years in the public sector, with local government experience at all levels of responsibilities (in both large and small communities). As a business leader, Mr. Jones was awarded the 2014 Iowa Vision Award for Business and was contracted to led a Trade Mission of Iowan Farmers to the Republic of Botswana. Redmond holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the University of Kansas. He earned a baccalaureate in Urban Studies from Cleveland State University. Redmond believes that education is a lifelong journey, and he has continued his education with certificates from Michigan State in Industrial Relations and Senior Executive Training from the Universities of Virginia Darden School of Business and Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
On May 24, 2017, the City of West Branch, Iowa; appointed Redmond Jones II to the position of City Administrator. As City Administrator (the Chief Administrative Officer), Redmond provides experienced, collaborative, visionary leadership, to the administration of the day-to-day operations of the City of West Branch, Iowa. Working closely with the City Council, City Employees, and West Branch Residents, Redmond has often brought his “outside-the-box” approach to the ideas and concepts that have ensured the noteworthy quality of life enhancements in the communities that he has had the privilege to serve.
The University of Kansas (ranked #1 Local Government Mgt.), Lawrence, Kansas, May 97 Masters of Public Administration degree at the Edwin O. Stene Graduate Program in Public Administration GPA 3.66/4.0 overall (Graduated with Honors).
Cleveland State University (ranked #2 Local Government Mgt.), Cleveland, Ohio, June 95 Bachelor of Urban Studies with an Urban Management Concentration GPA 3.34/4.0 overall (Graduated with Cum Laude designation). (Rankings are based on 2007 US News and World Report Magazine classified under Public Affairs Specialties: City Management & Urban Policy)
Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio, June 92 Associate of Liberal Arts Degree with a major in Law Enforcement Studies, and a minor in the Commercial Art GPA 3.4/4.0 overall.
HONORS & ACTIVITIES
- International City/County Manager Association (ICMA) Credentialed Manager Candidate (Candidacy approved by ICMA executive board 2016 and is expected to receive his credentialing 2021).
- 2014 Vision Award in the field of business, recognized by the Iowa House of Representatives.
- Graduated from the 2012 Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Senior Executives in State and Local Government program. This 125-hour Senior Executive Development Program focused on training in the following areas: Leadership, Negotiations, Public/Private Partnerships, Cooperative Governance, Human Resources, Behavioral Decision Making, Globalization, and Microeconomics.
- Graduated from the 2007 Senior Executive Institute (SEI). This leadership development program is run by the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service at the University of Virginia. SEI covers 50 hours of training in the subjects of: Leadership, Organizational Development, Decision-Making, Strategic Planning, Ethics, and Democracy.
- Inducted into the National Golden Key and Phi Alpha Alpha Honor Societies.
- Received recognition for academic achievement by the following organizations: The Ohio Board of Regents, The National Conference of Minority Public Administrators, Cleveland State University, The University of Kansas, and The Cleveland Consortium for Public Service.
City of West Branch, IA (pop. 3,000), City Administrator
City of Groveland, FL (pop. 14,000), City Manager
Dellmar Consulting LLP (private firm), Managing Partner
City of Davenport, IA (pop. 102,000), Assistant to the City Administrator
City of Temple, TX (pop. 60,000), Assistant to the City Manager
City of Lee’s Summit, MO (pop. 67,000), Personnel Analyst / Acting Human Resource Director
City of Fort Worth, TX,(pop. 532,000), Management Intern to the City Manager
City of Lee’s Summit, MO, (pop 67,000), Intern to the City Administrator
City of Las Vegas, NV (pop. 604,228), Neighborhood Liaison (Intern).