University of Kansas (ranked #1 Local Government Mgt.), Lawrence, Kansas, May 97 Masters of Public Administration degree at the Edwin O. Stene Graduate Program in Public Administration GPA 3.66/4.0 overall (Graduated with Honors).
Cleveland State University (ranked #2 Local Government Mgt.), Cleveland, Ohio, June 95 Bachelor of Urban Studies with an Urban Management Concentration GPA 3.34/4.0 overall (Graduated with Cum Laude designation). (Rankings are based on 2007 US News and World Report Magazine classified under Public Affairs Specialties: City Management & Urban Policy)
Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio, June 92 Associate of Liberal Arts Degree with a major in Law Enforcement Studies, and a minor in the Commercial Art GPA 3.4/4.0 overall.
HONORS & ACTIVITIES
- International City/County Manager Association (ICMA) Credentialed Manager Candidate (Candidacy approved by ICMA executive board 2016).
- 2014 Vision Award in the field of business, recognized by the Iowa House of Representatives.
- Graduated from the 2012 Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Senior Executives in State and Local Government program. This 125-hour Senior Executive Development Program focused on training in the following areas: Leadership, Negotiations, Public/Private Partnerships, Cooperative Governance, Human Resources, Behavioral Decision Making, Globalization, and Microeconomics.
- Graduated from the 2007 Senior Executive Institute (SEI). This leadership development program is run by the Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service at the University of Virginia. SEI covers 50 hours of training in the subjects of: Leadership, Organizational Development, Decision-Making, Strategic Planning, Ethics, and Democracy.
- Inducted into the National Golden Key and Phi Alpha Alpha Honor Societies.
- Received recognition for academic achievement by the following organizations: The Ohio Board of Regents, The National Conference of Minority Public Administrators, Cleveland State University, The University of Kansas, and The Cleveland Consortium for Public Service.
City of West Branch, IA (pop. 3,000), City Administrator
City of Groveland, FL (pop. 14,000), City Manager
Dellmar Consulting LLP (private firm), Managing Partner
City of Davenport, IA (pop. 102,000), Assistant to the City Administrator
City of Temple, TX (pop. 60,000), Assistant to the City Manager
City of Lee’s Summit, MO (pop. 67,000), Personnel Analyst
City of Fort Worth, TX,(pop. 532,000), Management Intern to the City Manager
City of Lee’s Summit, MO, (pop 67,000), Intern to the City Administrator
City of Las Vegas, NV (pop. 604,228), Neighborhood Liaison (Intern).