The West Branch Police Department would like to remind everyone that the first part of having a Happy Halloween is everyone being safe when its done!
Tips for Halloween Safety:
- Try non-toxic face paint – masks can obstruct your vision
- Costumes should be light colored and not long to avoid tripping
- use reflective tape on costumes, flashlights, or glow sticks
- Don’t carry swords or sharp sticks
- Don’t snack while trick or treating – inspect your candy first
- Consider decorating pumpkins with markers
- If you carve a pumpkin, use battery powered candles
- Walk (don’t run), stay on sidewalks, use crosswalks, and walk with a group
- Don’t go into strangers’ homes and don’t knock on doors of houses that are dark
- If kids go trick or treating alone, know the route and have a return home time
- Kids 12 or under should be with a parent
- DRIVERS: DRIVE WITH CAUTION AND BE ALERT!