- About West Branch
- Mayor and City Council
- Boards & Commissions
- City Council Meetings
The West Branch Fire Department is located at 105 South Second Street. Phone: For emergencies, dial 911; For routine business, call 319-643-2110. The all-volunteer department has 35 firefighters and first responders.
The West Branch Fire Department was originally formed following a series of fires in West Branch during the 1870s. On June 4, 1879, a group of interested citizens met and organized the Alert Bucket Brigade. On May 9, 1898, the name was changed to the West Branch Fire Department and J.T. Butler was elected the first chief of the department, a post he held until his death in 1934. Other chiefs since have included Jim Vincent, Earl Hunter, Glenn Brown, Ray West, Frank E. Corbin Jr., Murray Gibson, Kenneth Jeffries, Dick Stoolman, and Kevin Stoolman.